Open daily, 8am to 5pm.
How to get here
Old Ballarat Cemetery
Corner of Macarthur Street and Creswick Road, Ballarat.
New Ballarat Cemetery and Crematorium
Doveton Street North and Norman Street, North Ballarat.
Via the Doveton Street North entrance.
Monday to Friday
General enquiries 03 5332 1469
Trust Board Members and Executive Staff
- Dr Judy Verlin AM – Chair
- Mr Davison
- Ms L Josephs
- Ms S Lia
- Ms R McQuilten
- Ms S Peden
- Mr R Tommasini
- Mr D Varnis
- Mr J Wilkinson
- Annie De Jong, CEO – firstname.lastname@example.org Ph 0419 304 117
- Neville Monson, Operations Manager
- John Noone, CFO
Schedule of Fees
- Schedule of Fees 1st July 2018
- Information Sheet – Burial – 1st July 2018
- Information Sheet – Cremation Memorial – 1st July 2018
- Information Sheet – Cremation Memorial Tenure – 1st July 2018
- Information Sheet – Cremation Memorial Transfer Limited Tenure to Permanent – 1st July 2018
Policies, Ground Rules and Further Information
Full time – contract 5 years
- Dedicated committed team within a professional, community service culture
- Contribute strategically and operationally to influence change within the sector
- Opportunity to manage a large, well developed, botanic park
Our mission is: Remembering the past, Caring for the present, Planning for the future.
The organisation: Ballarat General Cemeteries Trust is a State Government Agency which is a self-funded and not for profit organisation. With a proud history and a well-planned future, Ballarat Cemeteries, comprising the Old Ballarat Cemetery, and the New Ballarat Cemetery, is a tranquil and beautifully maintained, essential community asset. As one of only two Botanical Cemeteries in Victoria, the New Ballarat Cemetery covers 55 hectares and includes 63,000 square meters of lawns, over 6,500 trees and roses and peaceful open parkland.
The Role: With significant growth and development underway, Ballarat Cemeteries is seeking an experienced and motivated leader to undertake the role of Operations Manager. Reporting to the CEO, this position is responsible for the delivery of efficient, effective and seamless operations, including infrastructure, crematorium and burial operations, memorialisation and horticulture services.
This position oversees a dedicated team to ensure relationships are developed and maintained with all internal and external clients, including families, business partners, service providers and community organisations. In addition, the Operations Manager will develop plans and budgets that support infrastructure and botanic park development and maintenance, as well as commercial priorities that are aligned with our strategic plan. You will bring relevant experience and practice which will enable you to manage projects, people and resources.
To be successful in this role you will need to have:
- a genuine interest in working within this sector and be comfortable with death and dying;
- demonstrated experience managing an operational team preferably within a public park, public garden or cemetery environment;
- exceptional interpersonal and communication skills and easily build relationships with internal teams and external partners;
- a proven ability to provide support and advice on strategic initiatives and drive continuous improvement;
- a strong understanding of work health and safety practices and appropriate legislation
Please click this link for the position description – Ballarat Cemeteries Operations Manager Position Description – May 2019
For further information please contact Marita Ryan on 0428 401 834.
To apply, please address the key selection criteria, demonstrating your experience and alignment to each and forward with your resume and cover letter to Marita at email@example.com
Applications close at 9am on Tuesday 11th June 2019